Even though the Brookings Public Library is closed, card holders can still access a wide variety of e-resources through the library’s website. All are available under the Resources tab at www.brookingslibrary.org. For most services, patrons will log in using their library card number and the first 8 characters of their last name in lowercase letters.
Card holders of all ages can access the following services:
• South Dakota Titles to Go: e-books, e-audiobooks, and e-magazines
• RB Digital: e-books, e-audiobooks, and e-magazines
• TumbleBook Library: kids e-books
• CreativeBug: arts and craft tutorials for adults, teens, and kids.
The Brookings Public Library has also been granted access to several temporary services, including:
• AudioBook Cloud: e-audiobooks for all ages
• RomanceBook Cloud: romance e-books
• TeenBook Cloud: e-books for grades 7-12
• TumbeMath: math-related e-books with quizzes and lessons plans for grades K-6
Brookings County residents who do not have a card can sign up through the library’s website by clicking on How Do I > Apply for a Library Card.
Residents will need to attach a picture of their ID (driver’s license, passport, state-issued ID, etc.) with their current Brookings County address on it. If their ID doesn’t have this information, they’ll also need to attach a picture of a piece of mail that shows their name and current address. They can also request cards for their children or children under their guardianship as well.
Library staff will respond with card information as time allows Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Individuals who live outside the county are not able to sign up for cards at this time.
New food pantry website
The Brookings County Food Pantry has a new website, www.brookingscountyfoodpantry.weebly.com.
The food pantry is currently open regular hours, 1-4:30 Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Those who need assistance should knock on the door, and staff will get your name and size of your family. Staff will pack your food and bring it out for you to take to your car.