By: Swiftel Center
Experience the next level. The Swiftel Center has installed a brand-new, full-color Daktronics digital display in the arena.
The display will be unveiled at the First Chance Bonanza PRCA Rodeo Nov. 3-4.
Swiftel Center officials say the new digital display will enhance the live event experience for all attendees. The display is a 10mm video display, built by Daktronics. It has 448 lines of resolution by 768 columns. The active area of the video board is 14 feet 6 inches by 24 feet 11 inches.
New digital display
• 1024 pixels in one module
• 16 modules in one cabinet
• 24 cabinets in the whole display
• 393,216 pixels total in the display
• February 2002 – First installed a monochrome digital display in the arena
• Feb. 28, 2002 – Used the monochrome display for the first time at a district basketball event
• March 2, 2002 – Officially unveiled the monochrome display at a Brookings Chamber event
• August 2017 – Old monochrome display removed from the arena
• Sept. 8, 2017 – Swiftel Center staff visited Daktronics and signed the new display cabinets
• October 2017 – New full-color digital display installed in the arena
• Nov. 3, 2017 – Will officially unveil the full-color display at the First Chance Bonanza PRCA Rodeo
First Chance Bonanza
The First Chance Bonanza PRCA Rodeo rides into the Swiftel Center Nov. 3-4.
The two nights of performances will be jam-packed with rodeo events including: bull riding, barrel racing, bareback riding, team roping, saddle bronc, steer wrestling and tie-down. The Barrelman Comedy Act features Backflip Johnny Dudley. Kids events include mutton bustin’ and boot scramble.
Advance tickets are $18.50 for adults and $10.50 for children ages 3 to 12 years old. Day-of-show tickets are $20 for adults and $12 for children ages 3 to 12 years old. Tickets are on sale now at the Swiftel Center box office, by phone at 800-745-3000, and online at www.Ticketmaster.com.